I build digital products.
I am currently a Senior Product Manager at JibJab Media (Venice, CA) building web and mobile apps for JibJab.com and StoryBots.com. My current focus is on iOS development for StoryBots, JibJab's new children brand. I have 5+ years of tech startup experience and believe in the MVP approach of shipping early and often. My experience is below and a collection of previous work can be found in my portfolio (password required).
Design + Spec
Wireframing, prototyping, interface design.
Product owner in agile/scrum environments.
Monitoring KPIs, split/multivariate testing.
- Google Analytics
(Promoted from PM to Senior PM in August 2013)
JibJab Media is comprised of two brands: JibJab (eCards subscription business) and StoryBots (mobile-focused children subscription business). I'm currently focused on StoryBots:
- Product Owner of StoryBots.com. Manage site development and prioritize backlog in Agile environment using JIRA. Work alongside VP of Product and CEO to define long-term roadmap.
- Product Owner for various mobile apps for iOS. Manage development from idea phase by wireframing user flow, creating PRD, collaborating with UX designers to develop interface and working alongside engineers during development and QA. Apps shipped as of 8/1/2013 include Tap & Sing, ABC Videos, Share Timer and Learning Videos.
- Product lead on StoryBots API development. StoryBots membership model is a single fee that unlocks premium content across all mobile and web apps. The API allows account data to seamlessly flow between all these apps.
- Monitor KPIs and optimize StoryBots web and mobile apps on ongoing basis. Web testing is run on weekly basis using Optimizely and app testing using Localytics. Other tools used include Google Analytics and Tableau. Present weekly KPI status updates to JibJab's senior executives.
- Internally promoted by Jason Calacanis within Mahalo to launch and manage site.
- Defined product requirements through two major release cycles and managed product roadmap in agile/Scrum environment. Prioritized backlog through constant A/B testing and user feedback.
- Designed site interface and user flow. This included deep integration with Twitter and Facebook through their APIs as well as Amazon and PayPal for deal transactions.
- Monitored KPIs and met weekly with CEO and President to report progress.
- Drove traffic through SEO, SEM, Facebook Ads and social media marketing.
- Product owner of the tools and processes that supported the content creation team comprised of 100+ remote writers/editors.
- Designed and wireframed improvements to internal products used for recruit, train, evaluate and pay writers. Worked alongside engineers in agile/Scrum environment during development.
- Interacted with community members on regular basis to improve site experience. Used bug tracking software (such as Pivotal Tracker and FogBugz) to track and prioritize bug fixes.
- Given broad responsibility and authority in this fast paced startup company.
- Researched market needs, determined competitive weaknesses and created messaging for company website, email campaigns and marketing materials.
- Designed and coded HTML emails, banner ads and interactive website tutorials.
- Managed website updates, SEO optimization and social media presence.
- Created site with technical cofounder to create a better experience to consume the real time web around the NFL. Site aggregated tweets of 2,000+ NFL "insiders" (every active player, coach, team staff, pundit and beat writer) and surfaced the best conversations and media they shared in real time.
- Wireframed and designed site's UX. Built site in Django and used Twitter's Bootstrap for front-end.
- Wrote about consumer tech startups and cloud technology.
- Had posts appear on the front page of Techmeme, Hacker News and Digg.
- Dean's List student - graduated with 3.43 GPA.
- B.A International Economics with Finance minor.
- Played football. New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC) All-Academic Team from 2004 - 2006 and All-Conference team in 2005.