I build digital products.
I am currently a Senior Product Manager at JibJab in Los Angeles, CA. I am the product lead for JibJab Messages. I have 6+ years of tech startup experience and believe in the MVP approach of shipping early and often. A collection of work can be found in my portfolio (password required).
Design + Spec
Create PRD, wireframe, prototype, interface design.
Product owner in agile/scrum environments.
- Pivotal Tracker
Monitor KPIs, split/multivariate testing.
- Google Analytics
- Fabric / Answers
(Promoted from PM to Senior PM in August 2013)
JibJab is comprised of multiple brands. I work on JibJab Messages, a mobile app for sending personalized content launched in October 2014.
AUG 2014 - Present (JibJab Messages)
- Product lead through initial launch. Featured by Apple as a Best New App in October 2014.
- Led launch of a Facebook Messenger version on iOS and Android. App was featured by Mark Zuckerberg in his F8 keynote speech as the example app to show off the Facebook Messenger platform when it was announced in March 2015.
- Manage weekly sprints as Product Owner in agile environment using JIRA.
- A key component of our mobile development is monitoring KPIs and optimizing our funnels on a weekly basis. Tools used include Google Analytics, Fabric's Answers and Tableau.
JAN 2012 - JUL 1014 (StoryBots)
- Product lead of the StoryBots brand, comprised of two separate tech/product teams: mobile (14 apps live when I left) and web (storybots.com). Managed weekly sprints for both teams as Product Owner. Prioritized backlog in Agile environment using JIRA.
- Product Owner of four mobile apps and six web apps. Highlights include Tap & Sing (2013 Children's Technology Review & Family Choice Award Winner) and Learning Videos (2014 Academics' Choice Awards™ Winner).
- Managed development of apps from idea to live product. Created user flow diagrams and PRDs, collaborated with UX designers to develop interface and worked alongside engineers during development, QA and user testing.
- Product lead of StoryBots API development. The API allows user account data and membership status to seamlessly flow back and forth between StoryBots' mobile apps and website.
- Monitored brand KPIs (registered users, subscription purchase) using Google Analytics and Tableau. Worked to improve conversion rates by running weekly split/multivariate tests of each product's funnel.
- Worked alongside executive team to define quarterly and yearly goals. Led weekly performance review meeting with executive team.
- Internally promoted by Jason Calacanis within Mahalo to launch and manage site.
- Defined product requirements through two major release cycles and managed product roadmap in agile/Scrum environment. Prioritized backlog through constant A/B testing and user feedback.
- Designed site interface and user flow. This included deep integration with Twitter and Facebook through their APIs as well as Amazon and PayPal for deal transactions.
- Monitored KPIs and met weekly with CEO and President to report progress.
- Drove traffic through SEO, SEM, Facebook Ads and social media marketing.
- Product owner of the tools and processes that supported the content creation team comprised of 100+ remote writers/editors.
- Designed and wireframed improvements to internal products used for recruit, train, evaluate and pay writers. Worked alongside engineers in agile/Scrum environment during development.
- Interacted with community members on regular basis to improve site experience. Used bug tracking software (Pivotal Tracker and FogBugz) to track and prioritize bug fixes.
- Given broad responsibility and authority in this fast paced startup company.
- Researched market needs, determined competitive weaknesses and created messaging for company website, email campaigns and marketing materials.
- Designed and coded HTML emails, banner ads and interactive website tutorials.
- Managed website updates, SEO optimization and social media presence.
SmackTweets no longer live. See the pitch deck and screenshots of product.
- Created site with technical cofounder to create a better experience to consume the real time web around defined verticals. The MVP product focused on the NFL vertical.
- Site aggregated tweets of 2,000+ NFL "insiders" (every active player, coach, team staff, pundit and beat writer), provided context of who each "insider" was around their tweets and then surfaced the best conversations and media they shared in real time.
- Wireframed and designed site's UX. Built site in Django and used Twitter's Bootstrap for front-end.
- Wrote about consumer tech startups and cloud technology.
- Had posts appear on the front page of Techmeme, Hacker News and Digg.
- B.A International Economics with Finance minor.
- Dean's List student - graduated with 3.43 GPA.
- Played football. New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC) All-Academic Team from 2004 - 2006 and All-Conference team in 2005.